The following information is for students.
See these pages for:
Username: firstnamelastname (for example, fahidgill, juliakim5)
Password: CapU password (Forgot your password?)
My Library Account
Sign into My Library with your CapU credentials to:
- Renew books online
- Check due date or status
- Request holds
Access to online resources is restricted to students, faculty and staff. To access online resources off-campus or through the CapU wireless network, you will need to log in with your CapU credentials. Not sure where to start? Search Discovery from the Library homepage.
- General Collection: 2 weeks; max. 30 items
- Reserve: varies, 3 hours to 1 week; max. 5 items
- Journals & Magazines: 1 week; max. 5 items
- Newspapers: library use only
- VHS, DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs: 2 weeks; max. 5 items per type (i.e. you can checkout 5 films + 5 CDs at the same time, but not 6 of either)
- Equipment: ask at the IT Service desk
Holds & Renewals
- The Library will hold material for 4 days for pick-up.
- Periodicals and reserves may not be placed on hold or renewed.
During open hours, please return materials to the book drop inside the Library or to the Library Services counter.
- When the Library is closed, material can be returned to the after-hours book drop outside the main library entrance
- Items returned after-hours will be backdated to the previous business day.
- Materials from Capilano can be returned to any academic library in the GVRD. This material will not be backdated on receipt and late fees may accumulate. Please note that reserve materials and interlibrary loans should be returned directly to Capilano.
- Return items from the Squamish and Sunshine Coast campuses to the North Vancouver campus via Interoffice mail at the University's Front Desk.
Capilano University Library does not charge fines for overdue items, except Reserves and items requested by another student. If you lose an item, replacement costs will be charged.
Failure to return materials or pay replacement costs may result in suspension of library privileges, withholding of official transcripts, and denial of further registration. Contact the Library if you have a hold on your student account due to outstanding Library fines.
- Recalled items (books, DVDs, CDs, VHS & other media) - $0.50/day (maximum late fine = $20 per item)
- Reserve items (1 to 7-day loans) - $1.00/day (maximum late fine = $20 per item)
- Reserve items (3-hour loans) - $0.50/hour (maximum late fine = $20 per item)
Fines and replacement costs can be paid at the Library Services counter by debit or credit card. Contact the Library for more information.
Lost or Damaged Items
Borrowers will be charged the full retail replacement cost for lost or heavily damaged items (full replacement cost also applies when part of a set is lost). Where retail costs cannot be determined, these minimum charges apply:
|$25.00||CD, VHS, DVD|
|$35.00||Books, bound periodicals|
Your current Capilano University student, faculty or staff ID card is your library card. Cards must be presented by the legitimate cardholder to borrow material. It is the responsibility of each borrower to notify the Library of a lost card or change of address immediately.
Community borrowers and alumni will be given a card when they apply at the front desk to open an account.