Faculty and staff have special borrowing privileges at Capilano University Library. Please remember that our small collection is used by students, faculty, and staff - return materials as soon as you are finished using them.
- All books are checked out for 6 weeks; 60 item maximum.
- Periodicals may be borrowed for 1 week. If you need longer a borrowing period, ask at Library Services.
- CapU Library does not impose fines except for reserve items. However, be mindful of others who may want to use materials you have checked out and return them in a timely manner.
- Full replacement costs apply for lost or heavily damaged items.
- When the Library is closed, material can be returned to the after-hours book drop outside the main library entrance.
Faculty Library Accounts
All faculty and staff are automatically downloaded into our Library system and assigned a Library account.
You library account gives you access to borrowing privileges for items in the Library collection. You can log in to My Library to check on due dates, renew items or place holds.
For off-campus access to online resources, you will need to log in with your CapU network credentials - the same way you log into a workstation on campus.
Your CapCard Photo ID is your Library card. Don't have a CapCard? Visit the CapCard Centre (in the basement of the Arbutus Building) with a piece of photo ID and your employee number and your CapCard will be issued immediately. It is the responsibility of borrowers to immediately notify the Library and Registration of a lost card or change of address. Borrowing privileges are available at other BC post-secondary libraries - pick up your reciprocal borrowing card at the Library Services desk.
Retired Faculty and Staff
Retired faculty and staff may continue to use the library as a Community Borrower, free of charge.